ACL-ISCA-ELRA Special Interest Group on Spoken Language Translation
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Special Interest Group on Spoken Language Translation (SIGSLT) shall be to promote interest in the research area of spoken language translation including simultaneous translation and interpretation, speech dubbing, speech-to-text translation, speech-to-speech translation, cross-lingual communication including paralinguistic, emotional or multimodal information and related areas.
- provide members of ACL, ISCA and ELRA with a special interest in spoken language translation and its related areas with a means of exchanging news of recent research developments and other matters of interest in spoken language translation;
- organize challenges and evaluation campaigns;
- sponsor and organize the International Conference on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT), meetings, satellites, and tutorial workshops in spoken language translation, operating within the framework of ACL's, ISCA's, ELRA's guidelines for SIGs;
- make available open source code and data resources, best practices and tools, and evaluation metrics relevant to spoken language translation.
Join our SIGSLT by registering to the IWSLT Evaluation Campaign mailing list !
Steering Committee and Officers
- Marcello Federico, Amazon, USA (ACL SIGSLT, President)
- Kevin Knight, DiDi Labs, USA
- Joseph Mariani, LIMSI/CNRS, France
- Satoshi Nakamura, NAIST, Japan (ISCA SIGSLT, President )
- Hermann Ney, RWTH, Germany
- Jan Niehues, Maastricht University, Netherlands
- Sebastian Stüker, KIT, Germany (ACL SIGSLT, Secretary )
- Marco Turchi, FBK, Italy (ISCA SIGSLT, Secretary)
- Alex Waibel, CMU, USA (Chair)
- Dekai Wu, HKUST Hong Kong, China
- Francois Yvon, LIMSI/CNRS, France