5-6 Aug. 2021 – ACL-IJCNLP 2021
Welcome to IWSLT!
The International Conference on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) is the premier annual scientific conference, dedicated to all aspects related to spoken language translation. For 18 years in the running, the conference publishes and organizes key evaluation campaigns in the field, including requisite data suites, benchmarks, metrics and key tasks that define progress in the field. This year’s challenges address simultaneous translation, consecutive translation and subtitling tasks, for real-time, low latency as well off-line archival purposes and under low-resource, multilingual, and multimodal constraints. Scientific papers and system descriptions documenting the state-of-the art achieved by participating teams and contributing key algorithmic advances are presented at the conference.
IWSLT is the annual meeting for the SIGSLT’s (Special Interest Groups on Spoken Language Translation) of ACL, ISCA and ELRA.
IWSLT 2021 will be collocated with ACL-IJCNLP 2021 in Bangkok, Thailand
The first call for papers will be released in mid December 2020.
Watch this space for more information on the conference program, shared tasks and important dates after that time!
Information about keynote speakers and the conference program will be made available nearer to IWSLT 2021.
The first call for participation will be released in mid Dec. 2020.
The IWSLT 2021 Evaluation Campaign will host four shared tasks featuring the following focus areas:
- Simultaneous Speech Translation (Chairs: Juan Pino, Facebook; Katsuhito Sudoh, NAIST)
- Offline Speech Translation (Chair: Marco Turchi, FBK)
- Multilingual Speech Translation (Chair: Elizabeth Salesky, JHU)
- Low-Resource Speech Translation (Chair: Antonis Anastasopoulos, George Mason University)
Data, metrics, and evaluation will be provided by the conference organizers..
All tasks will follow the same important dates.
The shared task registration form will be linked here after the first call for participation.
Please join the IWSLT Evaluation Campaign google group for periodic updates and community questions.
Submissions should be scientific papers or shared task system description papers. All papers may consist of 4 to 8 pages of content with additional pages of references, formatted using the ACL-IJCNLP 2021 stylesheets (to come soon). Upon acceptance, all papers will be given one (1) additional content page to address reviewers’ comments. All papers should be submitted via softconf (submission link to come soon). Accepted papers will be published in the ACL-IJCNLP 2021 proceedings and will be presented at the IWSLT conference either orally or as a poster.
- Scientific papers must be anonymized for submission, while system description papers do not need to be.
- We accept submissions which have previously been made available as technical reports or preprints, e.g. on arXiv.
- We will not accept scientific papers for publication that overlap significantly in content or results with papers published elsewhere.
- Scientific papers which have been, or plan to be, submitted to other venues must be declared as such at the time of submission, and must be withdrawn from the other venues if accepted and published at IWSLT 2021.
Timeline (subject to change)
|Feb 1, 2021||release of shared task training and dev data|
|Apr 5-16, 2021||evaluation period|
|May 6, 2021||paper submission deadline|
|June 7, 2021||paper notification|
|Jun 14, 2021||camera ready deadline|
|Aug 5-6, 2021||IWSLT conference|
Note: All deadlines are 11:59PM UTC-12:00.
- Marcello Federico, Amazon, USA (Conference Chair)
- Alex Waibel, CMU, USA (Conference Chair)
- Jan Niehues, Maastricht U., Netherlands (Evaluation Chair)
- Elizabeth Salesky, JHU (Website Chair)
- Sebastian Stüker, KIT, Germany (Evaluation Chair)