12-17 August 2024 - Bangkok
The International Conference on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) is an annual scientific conference, associated with an open evaluation campaign on spoken language translation, where both scientific papers and system descriptions are presented.
The 21st edition of IWSLT will be co-located with ACL 2024 in Bangkok, Thailand on 12-17 August 2024, and run as a hybrid event.
The IWSLT 2024 Evaluation Campaign will host shared tasks featuring the following focus areas:
- Speech translation campaign tracks:
- Speech-to-speech track (Qianqian Dong, Bytedance, China)
- Simultaneous track (Katsuhito Sudoh, NAIST, Japan)
- Subtitling track (Mauro Cettolo, FBK, Italy; Evgeny Matusov, AppTek, Germany)
- Offline track (Marco Turchi, Zoom, Germany; …)
- Dubbing track (Brian Thompson, AWS AI Labs, USA)
- Low-resource track (Antonios Anastasopoulos, George Mason University)
- Indic track (Chandresh Kumar Maurya, IIT Indore, India)
Data, metrics, and evaluation will be provided by the conference organizers.
All tasks will follow the same important dates.
Registration for the 2024 Evaluation Campaign will open later this year.
Please join the IWSLT Evaluation Campaign google group for periodic updates, community questions and opportunities to receive sponsored cloud computing credits.
Submissions should be scientific papers or shared task system description papers. All papers may consist of 4 to 8 pages of content with additional pages of references, formatted using the ACL stylesheets. Upon acceptance, all papers will be given one (1) additional content page to address reviewers’ comments. Accepted papers will be published in the ACL 2024 proceedings and will be presented at the IWSLT conference either orally or as a poster.
The submission portal will open in early 2024.
- Scientific papers must be anonymized for submission, while system description papers do not need to be.
- We accept submissions which have previously been made available as technical reports or preprints, e.g. on arXiv.
- We will not accept scientific papers for publication that overlap significantly in content or results with papers published elsewhere.
- Scientific papers which have been, or plan to be, submitted to other venues must be declared as such at the time of submission, and must be withdrawn from the other venues if accepted and published at IWSLT 2024.
- Scientific papers whose first author is a student will be eligible for the IWSLT 2024 Best Student Paper Award (authors should note eligibility in the paper submission form).
- Limitations and Ethics Statement sections (see the ACL’23 call for papers for more details) are encouraged but not required. If included, they should be placed after the conclusion for submission and will not count against the page limit.
|Jan 1, 2024||Release of shared task training and dev data|
|Mar 15, 2024||Scientific paper submission deadline|
|Apr 1-15, 2024||Evaluation period|
|Apr 21, 2024||System paper submission deadline|
|May 15, 2024||Notification of acceptance|
|June 1, 2024||Camera ready deadline|
|August 2024||IWSLT conference|
Note: All deadlines are 11:59PM UTC-12:00.
- Marine Carpuat, University of Maryland, USA (Program Chair)
- Marcello Federico, AWS AI Labs, USA (Conference Chair)
- Alex Waibel, CMU, USA (Conference Chair)
- Jan Niehues, KIT, Germany (Evaluation Chair)
- Sebastian Stüker, KIT, Germany (Sponsorship Chair)
- Elizabeth Salesky, JHU, USA (Publication and Website Chair)
- Atul Kr. Ojha, University of Galway, Ireland (Publicity Chair)
IWSLT welcomes sponsorships!