26-27 May 2022 - ACL 2022
The International Conference on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) is an annual scientific conference, associated with an open evaluation campaign on spoken language translation, where both scientific papers and system descriptions are presented.
IWSLT 2022 will be collocated with ACL 2022, and will be run as hybrid event on 26-27 May 2022.
The IWSLT 2022 Evaluation Campaign will host shared tasks featuring the following focus areas:
- Simultaneous Speech Translation (Chairs: Juan Pino, Meta; Katsuhito Sudoh, NAIST)
- Offline Speech Translation (Chair: Marco Turchi, FBK)
- Low-Resource Speech Translation (Chair: Antonis Anastasopoulos, George Mason U.)
- Speech-to-Speech Translation (Chair: Juan Pino, Meta)
- Multilingual Speech Translation (Chair: Elizabeth Salesky, JHU)
- Dialect Speech Translation (Chair: Kevin Duh, JHU)
- Formality Control for SLT (Chair: Maria Nadejde, Amazon)
- Isometric SLT (Chair: Prashant Mathur, Amazon)
Data, metrics, and evaluation will be provided by the conference organizers.
All tasks will follow the same important dates.
Please register for the Evaluation Campaign via the registration form.
Please join the IWSLT Evaluation Campaign google group for periodic updates, community questions and opportunities to receive sponsored cloud computing credits.
Submissions should be scientific papers or shared task system description papers. All papers may consist of 4 to 8 pages of content with additional pages of references, formatted using the ACL stylesheets. Upon acceptance, all papers will be given one (1) additional content page to address reviewers’ comments. Accepted papers will be published in the ACL 2022 proceedings and will be presented at the IWSLT conference either orally or as a poster.
The submission procedure will be linked here once available.
- Scientific papers must be anonymized for submission, while system description papers do not need to be.
- We accept submissions which have previously been made available as technical reports or preprints, e.g. on arXiv.
- We will not accept scientific papers for publication that overlap significantly in content or results with papers published elsewhere.
- Scientific papers which have been, or plan to be, submitted to other venues must be declared as such at the time of submission, and must be withdrawn from the other venues if accepted and published at IWSLT 2022.
|Jan 15, 2022||release of shared task training and dev data|
|Mar 13, 2022||technical paper submission deadline|
|Mar 14-25, 2022||evaluation period|
|Apr 1, 2022||system paper submission deadline|
|Apr 22, 2022||paper notification|
|May 1, 2022||camera ready deadline|
|May 26-27, 2022||IWSLT conference|
Note: All deadlines are 11:59PM UTC-12:00.
- Marcello Federico, Amazon, USA (Conference Chair)
- Alex Waibel, CMU, USA (Conference Chair)
- Marta R. Costa-jussà, UPC, Spain (Program Chair)
- Jan Niehues, Maastricht U., Netherlands (Evaluation Chair)
- Sebastian Stüker, KIT, Germany (Evaluation Chair)
- Elizabeth Salesky, JHU, USA (Website Chair)
IWSLT welcomes sponsorships