26-27 May, 2022 - Dublin
The International Conference on Spoken Language Translation (IWSLT) is an annual scientific conference, associated with an open evaluation campaign on spoken language translation, where both scientific papers and system descriptions are presented.
The 19th IWSLT will be co-located with ACL 2022 in Dublin on 26-27 May, 2022, and run as an hybrid event.
Program at a Glance
IWSLT 2022 will occur on two days, 26-27 May, as a hybrid event in-person and online.
Please find here the detailed program.
We are pleased to have an invited talk by Frederic Chaume (Universitat Jaume I) on Day 1.
Link to the survey for the Retrospective discussion on Day 2.
The IWSLT 2022 Evaluation Campaign will host shared tasks featuring the following focus areas:
- Simultaneous Speech Translation (Chairs: Juan Pino, Meta AI; Katsuhito Sudoh, NAIST)
- Offline Speech Translation (Chair: Marco Turchi, FBK)
- Low-Resource Speech Translation (Chair: Antonis Anastasopoulos, George Mason U.)
- Speech-to-Speech Translation (Chair: Juan Pino, Meta AI)
- Multilingual Speech Translation (Chair: Elizabeth Salesky, JHU)
- Dialect Speech Translation (Chair: Kevin Duh, JHU)
- Formality Control for SLT (Chair: Maria Nadejde, AWS AI Labs)
- Isometric SLT (Chair: Prashant Mathur, AWS AI Labs)
Data, metrics, and evaluation will be provided by the conference organizers.
All tasks will follow the same important dates.
Please register for the Evaluation Campaign via the registration form.
Please join the IWSLT Evaluation Campaign google group for periodic updates, community questions and opportunities to receive sponsored cloud computing credits.
Submissions should be scientific papers or system papers. All papers may consist of 4 to 8 pages of content with additional pages of references, formatted using the ACL stylesheets. Upon acceptance, all papers will be given one (1) additional content page to address reviewers’ comments. Accepted papers will be published in the ACL 2022 proceedings and will be presented at the IWSLT conference either orally or as a poster.
Please submit scientific papers and system papers via the submission page
- Scientific papers must be anonymized for submission, while system description papers do not need to be.
- We accept submissions which have previously been made available as technical reports or preprints, e.g. on arXiv.
- We will not accept scientific papers for publication that overlap significantly in content or results with papers published elsewhere.
- Scientific papers which have been, or plan to be, submitted to other venues must be declared as such at the time of submission, and must be withdrawn from the other venues if accepted and published at IWSLT 2022.
- Scientific papers whose main author is a student will be eligible for the IWSLT 2022 Best Student Paper Award (author can provide the relevant info in the submission form)
|Jan 15, 2022||release of shared task training and dev data|
|Mar 13, 2022||technical paper submission deadline|
|Mar 14-25, 2022||evaluation period|
|Apr 9, 2022||system paper submission deadline|
|May 2, 2022||paper notification|
|May 10, 2022||camera ready deadline|
|May 26-27, 2022||IWSLT conference|
Note: All deadlines are 11:59PM UTC-12:00.
- Marcello Federico, AWS AI Labs, USA (Conference Chair)
- Alex Waibel, CMU, USA (Conference Chair)
- Marta R. Costa-jussà, Meta AI, France (Program Chair)
- Jan Niehues, Maastricht U., Netherlands (Evaluation Chair)
- Sebastian Stüker, KIT, Germany (Evaluation Chair)
- Elizabeth Salesky, JHU, USA (Publication and Website Chair)
• Duygu Ataman, New York University, USA
• Nguyen Bach, Microsoft, USA
• Laurent Besacier, IMAG, France
• Anna Currey, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Mattia Di Gangi, AppTek, Germany
• Georgiana Dinu, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Akiko Eriguchi, Microsoft, USA
• Carlos Escolano, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
• Markus Freitag, Google, USA
• Gerard I. Gallego, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
• Cuong Hoang, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Matthias Huck, LMU, Germany
• Hirofumi Inaguma, Kyoto University, Japan
• Takatomo Kano, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
• Yves Lepage, U. Waseda, Japan
• Yuchen Liu, Princeton, USA
• Xutai Ma, Johns Hopkins University, USA
• Evgeny Matusov, AppTek, Germany
• Surafel Melaku Lakew, AWS, USA
• Maria Nadejde, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Matteo Negri, FBK, Italy
• Juan Pino, Meta AI, USA
• Raghavendra Pappagari, AWS, USA
• Julian Salazar, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Elizabeth Salesky, JHU, USA
• Matthias Sperber, Apple, USA
• Sebastian Stüker, Zoom, Germany
• Katsuhito Sudoh, NAIST, Japan
• Yun Tang, Meta, USA
• Brian Thompson, AWS AI Labs, USA
• Ioannis Tsiamas, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
• Marco Turchi, FBK, Italy
• David Vilar, Google, Germany
• Changhan Wang, Meta AI, USA
• Chengyi Wang, Nankai University, China
• Krzystof Wolk, Polish‐Japanese Academy of Information Technology, Poland
IWSLT welcomes sponsorships